Welcome to....

to the inner thoughts of me (Trish)! What's in my head and in my heart -- written out.
Thanks for being apart of my blog!

Monday, March 9, 2009

What a Sunday....

I’m sitting at my desk at home thinking about the wonderful services of Sunday. How God truly blessed in our lives today. It still amazes me how God in His infinite grace and mercy cares enough to speak to me.
My dad and I sang at song at church Sunday night by “The Crabb Family” the title of the song was called “The Cross” and while my female voice can’t sing it like Jason Crabb does the words to that song are so powerful and they have such a great meaning. The chorus of that song says “There was a cross made for the Son of God at Calvary, Two pieces of rough timber on a hill, through His hands and through His feet, He took the nails for you and me, Angels watched as He died for the lost, though He could have walked away, He chose the cross”. Isn’t it an amazing thought to think that no matter what we have done in our lives, the Son of God, Jesus Christ, came to earth as a baby in a manager, and hung on “the cross” for our sins and gave up His life so that we could live. I mean it’s the ultimate sacrifice….a debt He didn’t owe, a price that was far to great for us to pay, yet Jesus paid that ultimate price for us!!! WOW! I sit in awe of His mercy. I feel such a peace in my heart that I haven’t been able to feel for a while – a reassurance to know that know matter what, everything is somehow going to be ok.
Psalm 100:1-2a in the NIV says “Shout for joy to the Lord, all the earth. Worship the Lord with gladness; come before Him with joyful songs. Know that the Lord is God. It is He who made us, and we are His” – I read this and I thought how amazing is this know matter what HE made US and WE are HIS. I love reading this in the Spanish Bible to those same scriptures Salmos 100:1 y 2 says – “Cantad alegres a Dios, habitants de toda la tierra. Servid a Jehová con alegría; Venid ante su presencia con regocijo” Just those very words spoken in the Bible today have truly made an impact in my mind.
Truly with everything that has went on for me on Sunday I can sing this chorus “My chains are gone, I’ve been set free, My God My Savior has ransomed me, and like a flood His mercy reigns, unending love, Amazing Grace.” I’m so thankful for that Amazing Grace, aren’t you?

the inner thoughts roll on...

No comments: