Welcome to....

to the inner thoughts of me (Trish)! What's in my head and in my heart -- written out.
Thanks for being apart of my blog!

Monday, March 23, 2009

Faith…can it move mountains?

Hebrews 11:1 says “Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.” When I think of this scripture sometimes I ask myself where is my faith? Do I have faith that beyond any circumstance I know that God is going to take care of me and my every need.
You see for the past several months my car has been acting a bit crazy – sometimes not wanting to accelerate; sometimes just not going at all or dying on me; it’s also burning oil and I know this sounds like I’m complaining but please don’t see it as that. The reason I say that is because you have to understand something about my car – I bought my car brand new with 4 miles on it in 1999. It is a 1998 model but still it was brand new. When I got that car and then got married a few years later and realized I really didn’t have the money to get another car I made the statement to someone that I would drive my car until the wheels fell off and then I would put the wheels back on and keep driving….I have faith in my car that it’s going to get me where I need it. Well now I sit here and know that my car has 255,389 miles on it, but I still will sit and make the same statement, because I have faith that the little car I drive is going to stick around for a while….but more than that…I have to look at it this way…. I don’t have faith that the car can get me around and not mess up, I’m relying on God!
I know that my car is old and I know that I need a new one, but I also live in a reality to know that I can’t afford a new one right now, my husband and I combined barely make enough money to pay the bills, but this is the part that I love about reading Hebrews 11:1 - I don’t put my faith in this world because faith is the substance of things hoped for and it’s the evidence of things not seen. You see I don’t put my trust in man or the economy I put my trust in my Savior, Jesus Christ.
When you think of it this way – faith can move mountains – you see I realize something – that my faith in God is so strong and it is growing everyday – I have faith that when I go to bed tonight that God has dispatched His angels to protect me; I have faith to know that when I wake up in the morning that I’ll have a hot shower to take, I’ll have clothes to wear, and I will walk outside and get in my car and it’s going to run! That’s how I know that no matter what I am going through – no matter what I face in my day – yes I struggle and I get frustrated but FAITH! Let me say that again – but FAITH – can and will move the mountains that are in my way – and when I have to walk up one of those mountains I know that God will give me the strength to climb them – and I know that even though I can’t physically see Him – He’s always there for me and He will always be there to see me through – if I just keep my trust and Faith in Him!

the inner thoughts roll on...

1 comment:

Kathy said...

Faith can move mountains, Trish, this is sooo true.

Sometimes we feel like "where is our faith?" and you have nailed it in this post.

Keep climbing... keep keeping on.